Toluidene Blue Stain for Glycol Methacrylate Sections
Technovit Glycol Methacrylate: Technical Information and Help From
Here is a variation of the classic stain that works well for plastic
- Toluidine blue for 2 - 5 minutes for 4 - 6 micron sections. More
time is needed for thicker sections.
- Differentiate in 96% alcohol until the desired color intensity
- Dehydrate in 100% alcohol.
- Clear in xylene and mount.
Toluidine Blue - 0.1%:
- 1 gm Toluidine Blue
- 1 gm Sodium Tetraborate
- 1000 ml distilled water
- Mix and filter before using.
Nuclei - blue
Basophilic cytoplasm - blue
Mast cells - violet
Acid mucopolysaccharides - violet
Gerrits, P. O. and Smid, L., "Staining Procedures for Tissues
Embedded in 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate", Heraeus Kulzer.